Friday, March 4, 2011

Never too late!

March 4th, 2011

Currently I’m in a situation where I am living with my youngest daughter and her family. I have a Grandson. He’s almost 11 months old. He’s an absolute doll. He makes me laugh and makes my heart glow when he looks at me and smiles from ear to ear!


It takes me back to when my children were babies. How I wish I could turn back time. I would so do things differently. But who would have known. I missed so much! Time does fly, and as we get older it seems to go faster. My eldest daughter has three beautiful girls. She often finds herself a little overwhelmed being a stay at home Mom. I can only offer her my advice. I remind her that soon these little girls will grow and will venture out on their own lives. Nothing is more important than spending quality time as a family. There will always be laundry to do, dishes to wash and bills to pay. But they will only be little once…… Take those moments, embrace them, enjoy them and when they are grown and gone, you can get back to the laundry, dishes and bills. That will never change! Certain things happen in our lives that will snap us back. For some of us we feel like it’s too late, for me it has made me want to change my life to be a part of theirs. More importantly, remember this…. It is they who will choose our rest home!

I have a lot of time on my hands at this point. My head spins with thoughts of good times I have shared with my family and friends. Wondering if I will ever have that again. One thing I do know for sure, without God and my loving family and friends, I don’t know where I would be. I have come to realize that only I can make that happen for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment